Thank you for supporting our journalism. This text is swiftly available completely for our subscribers, who support fund our work on the Chicago Tribune.
A fireplace at a two-story, 16-unit dwelling advanced in Naperville Monday morning injured a firefighter and left two items uninhabitable, a Naperville Fire Department report said.
Firefighters replied to the 9: 46 a.m. call about a fireplace in the 2900 block of Kilburne Lane and arrived to search out heavy flames coming from the garage, the report said. The constructing was once checked twice to catch sure all of the residents had been evacuated.
The fireplace was once extinguished in about 15 minutes, and the residents of two items educated they might perchance also no longer return to their properties thanks to smoke and water hurt, the report said.
A firefighter obtained a minor hurt but nobody else was once disaster, the report said.
Thanks to the size of the advanced fervent, three fire engines, two ladder trucks, one heavy rescue squad, two ambulances and 24 fire personnel were dispatched, the fireplace division said.
The Naperville Fire Investigation Group is working to resolve the fireplace’s source, the report said.